In this article, we’ll set out the key tasks to manage notifications and messages in Learn LMS.
Learn sends automated notifications and messages to Users, managers, and administrators, triggered by activity in Learn LMS. Notifications and messages might be delivered via a few routes:
- By email
- In the notifications panel in Learn
- In MS Teams (if your organisation uses it)
Some notifications are generated instantly. For example, a User will instantly receive a notification when they book or cancel an Event. Others are sent overnight, for example when a course deadline is reached.
Manage notifications and messages
- Specify the ‘send from’ (and ‘reply to’ if required) email addresses to use in email communications
- Set the default notification schedule for all reminders
- Choose which email notifications you’ll keep, and which will be switched off until needed (see attached 'email templates' spreadsheet)
- Edit the email templates so the tone and language fit with your brand (see attached guide 'Email templates and variables')
- Configure the Kallidus Teams app (if your organisation uses MS Teams) so learners can receive notifications in the flow of work
- Consider implementing 'Microsoft exchange' for Bi-directional event updates. Speak to the team to decide if this is the right option for you
Two resources are attached to this article:
- A spreadsheet summarising all the automated emails sent in Learn
- A PDF reference guide containing detailed information about each individual template
The spreadsheet will give a summary of what emails are sent, why, and when. This can be a useful starting point to document the notifications you'd like to keep, and which will be switched off.
The 'email and templates' guide will be an essential reference when editing the standard messages. The guide details the content of each message, along with the variables available to insert into each message. Note that a number of Global variables are available, which can be inserted into any notification.