In this article, we'll show how to view and edit email/notification templates in Learn, so the tone and language fits with your organisation. We'll also show how the 'Reply to' email settings can be changed from the global default, for a specific template, and how to send a test email to check how the message will appear to learners.
Watch the video and follow the steps below:
Steps to edit the default notifications
- In Learn admin, browse to settings:
- Select 'Email' from the Settings administration menu
- Scroll to the end of the page and select Templates:
- From the drop-down menu, select the template to edit:
- Edit the subject line for the notification, if required. Note that the numbered variables represent specific database fields that are inserted into the message each time it is triggered. View the 'Configuring email comms' guide for more information
- Edit the BCC address, if required. This will override an address specified in the global BCC address for emails
- Edit the 'reply to' settings, if required. More detail about each option is provided in the table below:
Option Description Use the email address appropriate for this template The appropriate address for each template is defined in the individual template details. The majority of templates are sent from the 'Reply to' address specified in global settings. Use the default 'reply to' address The default 'Reply to' address can be changed for this specific template Use a specific address This option is typically used when a custom template has been created for a specific Course, Lesson or Event. For example, it may be desirable to notify a User without administration rights (who may otherwise be automatically notified) when a significant action takes place for a Course, Lesson or Event.
- Edit the body of the message. Once again, the numbered variables represent specific database fields:
- Select 'Submit' to save the changes
Send a test email
It's also possible to send a test email, to see how it will look to learners. Scroll to the end of the page, and enter your email address where prompted:
Get deeper learning in The Academy
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!