In this article, we show how to set up CPD values for a Lesson. It's important after assigning a Lesson to a CPD period, as this step ensures users receive the correct CPD credits when they finish the Lesson. Without CPD values, Users won't earn CPD credit for completing Lessons. Remember, each lesson assigned to a CPD period must have a specified value (in hours/points).
Steps to configure CPD values for a Lesson
- Browse to the 'CPD programme' area of Learn admin:
- Select the name of a CPD Programme that needs to have CPD values configured
- Select ‘CPD Period’ from the administration menu:
- Select the CPD period from the list that needs to be configured
- Select 'Lesson' from the administration menu options to show all currently assigned Lessons:
- Select ‘Edit’ next to a Lesson that required CPD values to be configured:
- Configure the information for the Lesson such as Value, Accredited, Mandatory and Record Time
- 'Value' - the hours/points value accrued on completion of the Lesson:
- 'Accredited' - If the Lesson contributes to the Accredited portion of the CPD
- 'Mandatory' - If the Lesson is a mandatory part of the CPD period
- 'Record Time' – the option will show when the Lesson type is eLearning only, and where CPD target is in hours:
- Select ‘Update’ to save the changes
Is there an alternative option for 'Record Time'?
If you do not want to specify the amount of time to be recorded for the Lesson completion, then a value can be awarded based on the number of hours (whole and part) that the user has spent interacting with the Lesson.
As an example, if a user has spent an hour on the Lesson a value of 1 will be recorded. The value will be rounded to 2 decimal places, so if an hour and 40 minutes was spent the value recorded will be 1.66.
Get deeper learning in The Academy
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!