In this article we describe how to create a CPD period. This is the time period within which the target amount of CPD qualifying learning must be achieved. These are added to a CPD programme.
CPD periods define:
- Which Users are enrolled on the CPD programme
- The target number of CPD hours/points enrolled Users must accrue
- Which Lessons contribute hours/points to the CPD total
Steps to create a CPD Period
- Browse to the 'CPD programme' area of Learn admin:
- Select the name of a CPD programme that a CPD period needs to be added to
- Select 'CPD period' from the administration menu:
- Select ‘New’ to create a new CPD period:
- Specify the 'Target' for the CPD period, which represents the number of credits needed. Enter the desired value for the CPD period target (in hours or units):
- 'Accredited target' - if accredited points are required for this CPD programme, specify them here as this defines the number of accredited hours the professional body (such as CIPD), requires the learner to accrue.
- Specify the 'Start date' for the CPD period. This start date cannot overlap with any other CPD periods for the same CPD programme
- Specify the 'Duration' for the CPD period. This can be number of days, weeks, months, or years
- Select ‘Submit’ to save the CPD period details
It's also useful to note that when a CPD period expires a new CPD period of the same duration can be configured to auto-create, and copy users and/or lessons to the new CPD period.
Get deeper learning in The Academy
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!