In this article, we will explain how an Administrator can impersonate a User to view things from the User's perspective. This feature is particularly useful for troubleshooting, especially when one of your colleagues suspects that there's an issue with the platform or the courses they have access to. However, please note that this feature only grants access to the User dashboard and not to any administrator-level features.
Watch the video or follow the steps to see how:
Steps to impersonate a User
- Browse to Administration Home and select User:
- Select the User that is to be impersonated. Use the Search fields to refine the list of Users if required or scroll down the list of Users:
- Select 'impersonate user' on the Details page:
- A yellow banner will appear at the top of the screen to indicate that impersonation is underway:
- Select 'Exit impersonation' to close the impersonation and return to your logged-in profile
All functions of Learn Lite will behave exactly as if you are the impersonated User, so take care not to click any links or begin any Courses, as this will appear to the User when they next log in.
All actions performed while impersonating are recorded in the audit log with reference to the Administrator, not the impersonated User.
For further assistance, please reach out to the Kallidus Support team.
To access Off the Shelf eLearning product updates, helpful articles, guides and tutorials visit the Knowledgebase.