This article provides a step-by-step guide for Administrators on how to add new users using the import template spreadsheet. the import action can be used to add a single or multiple Users, and the import template must be prepared in advance with all new user details.
If you don't have an import template, contact Support and request your organisation's version. It is recommended to save the template locally so that Administrators can access it easily whenever they need to add new users.
Watch the video or follow the steps to see how:
Steps to add Users to the system
- Browse to Administration Home and select User:
- Select 'Import':
- Select 'Import new users' from the pop-up window:
- Select 'Imports' and ignore all other information displayed at this stage:
- Select 'Select the file to upload':
- Find the prepared import template saved to a location such as your 'My Documents area. The file should include only details of the new Users to be added through the import action:
- Select 'Open' or double-click the file to upload a copy of the file ready for the next steps
- Select 'Submit':
- Select 'Start import':
- Select 'View results' for details as to the number of records that have been processed:
- Review results for errors or warnings, as this indicates if any Users have not been added successfully. Refer to the information about what to do after this steps-by-step information for guidance:
- Select 'Close'
That's it and the User will now appear in the Users list where they have been added successfully. All of the Courses and Catalogues assigned to existing Users will also be assigned automatically to new Users that have been added.
What to do when there are Warnings or Errors
Typically, errors occur when the unique Username used in the import sheet already exists against another User.
An example message is included here where a new User has been added using the same unique user name that already exists for another User:
To add the User, they must be given a unique username, and an updated import spreadsheet containing the correct information must be used. Follow the steps to add users to the system to import the User.
For further assistance, please reach out to the Kallidus Support team.
To access Off the Shelf eLearning product updates, helpful articles, guides and tutorials visit the Knowledgebase.