In this article, we will explain how to fill in the User import template, which is used when an Administrator adds new Users to the system. Adding new Users is a basic task for an Administrator, and understanding how to prepare the import template will ensure that new Users are added successfully whenever needed.
It is important to note that the template is unique to each organisation. If you do not have a template, contact Support to request one.
Watch the video or follow the steps to see how:
Steps to fill in the User import template
- Add a unique user name for each User in Column A. If you are adding multiple Users, make sure not to leave any blank rows between each entry. Using the User's email address as the unique user name is recommended, as no one else in the organisation will have the same email. However, if the User does not have an email address, give them a unique user name, perhaps based on their name, such as their full name or an abbreviated version. If there are multiple Users with the same name, add a number or initial to differentiate them
- Add the first name in Column B
- Add the last name in Column C
- Add the email address in Column D. Leave it blank if the user doesn't have an email
- Optional: Add details in Columns E-K
- Don't change the details in the greyed-out and protected cells in Columns L-P. They fill in automatically when the unique username cell is updated
- Save the file and consider adding the date to the filename for easier identification
That's it and the file is ready for completing the import actions.
For further assistance, please reach out to the Kallidus Support team.
To access Off the Shelf eLearning product updates, helpful articles, guides and tutorials visit the Knowledgebase.