In this article, we'll show how to assign one or more Lessons to a Course. Courses are the way to bring together Lessons and share with your people - Lessons are the actual learning. A Course is really just a wrapper, a way of delivering learning.
Lessons can be assigned to multiple Courses
- If completed, the Lesson shows as complete in every Course to which it is assigned
- Multiple Lessons of any type can be assigned to a single Course
- A Course with no Lessons assigned is not visible to any Users
Watch the video to see how, or follow the steps below:
Steps to assign Lesson(s) to a Course
- Navigate to ‘Course’ to view a list of all Courses in Learn:
- Select the title of the to open it (or create a new Course if the course doesn't yet exist)
- Select ‘Lesson’ from the Course Administration menu. Any existing Lesson assignments will be listed
- Select ‘Edit’ to view existing/make new Lesson assignments:
- Use the search to filter the list, and select the required Lessons by checking the box next to the Lesson title:
- Select ‘Submit' to save the assignment.
Assignments work both ways
In this example, three Lessons were assigned to one Course however sometimes the opposite is true - one Lesson needs to be assigned to multiple Courses. If that's the case, browse to the Lesson and select 'Course' from the administration menu. Follow the steps to select the Courses to which the Lesson should be assigned.
It doesn't matter which way around you do it - the end result is Lesson(s) and Course(s) get assigned together.
Further options for Lesson
When Lessons are assigned to the Course they will be listed here. Further options include:
- Change the sequence of the Lessons within the Course
- View / Edit Lesson assignments
- Offer learners a choice of Lessons to complete the Course
- Force the order in which Lessons should be completed
Get deeper learning in The Academy
View ‘Share optional learning with your people’ and 'Share mandatory learning with your people' for the bigger picture of learning assignment including troubleshooting, best practice, and tips from the Kallidus team.
If you're just setting up your Learn view ‘Big picture - build and curate learning’ to see more about Lesson types, and how to organise content in your Learn LMS - including an explanation of the differences between Courses, Catalogues and categories.
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!