This video and the below steps will help you to troubleshoot if content launching or running as expected.
A common issue the team are contacted about is content not running or launching as expected, sometimes you may see a blank screen or you may see an error message such as a 404 or 504. In this instance, we recommend you try the below troubleshooting steps.
1. Check it on SCORM CLOUD
- You can sign up for a free and account by searching for it online, then upload the content and see if the behaviour is the same in SCORM CLOUD as it is on the LMS. If it is, you will need to refer this to your content provider/developer.
2. Check your browser
- Does the content support the browser that you are using?
- If you're using IE, try putting it into compatibility mode.
- Popup blockers?
3. Check your Flash
- While the LMS itself doesn't require Flash, many types of content do. Chrome recently made some changes with regards to Flash, more details can be found HERE.
5. Check the lesson and Course (commonly cause 404 errors)
- It's always worth checking that the Lesson and Tracking types are set up correctly to match the type of content it is. You can do this by going to Administration>Lesson > Finding the lesson in question > 'E-learning set up'.
- You should also check that the course the content was uploaded with is still on the system, without it the content will not run.
6. Check with your local IT
- Have any security policies changed (commonly cause 504 errors).
- Have any group policies been pushed out.
- Have any browsers updates been pushed out.
7. Check with your team
- Have any changes been made to the content?
- Has it been replaced recently?
- Can the changes be reverted?
If you have carried out these steps and need further assistance, please use the 'Submit a Request' button below to get in touch with Customer Support.
Changing Internet Explorer to Compatibility View did the trick for me. Thanks for the tip Tilly!
Quick tip from me. You might know this already but if not a quick way of getting to Compatibility Settings in Internet Explorer is to press Alt + X. (especially good if the cog wheel isn't visible)
Please sign in to leave a comment.