In this article we describe how to create a URL Lesson.
A URL Lesson is a great way to signpost external content, for example a TED Talk, as blog or online article - or perhaps a link to your own intranet. Any valid web address will do. It's a great way to populate your LMS with a variety of content without needing to create everything in-house.
Watch the video or follow the steps to see how:
Steps to create content a URL Lesson
- Browse to the 'Lesson' area of admin home:
- Select ‘New’:
- Select ‘eLearning' from the ‘type’ drop down menu. Important - Once the Lesson is created the type cannot be changed, so take care to specify the correct type:
Add a 'Code'. This is only visible to administrators and is used to identify the Lesson:
Add in a 'Title'. The lesson title is visible to Learners so make it meaningful
- Add in the 'Duration'. The Lesson duration must be entered in minutes. Learners will be credited with the specified number of minutes on completing the Lesson
Select ‘Submit’ to create the Lesson
- Select ‘eLearning setup’ in the Lesson administration menu:
- Select 'URL' tracking type from drop down options:
- Enter the URL to which Users will be directed when clicking viewing the Lesson:
- Select ‘Submit’ to save the changes
The Lesson can now be assigned to a Course(s) as relevant.
Get deeper learning in The Academy
View ‘Share optional learning with your people’ and 'Share mandatory learning with your people' for the bigger picture of learning assignment including troubleshooting, best practice, and tips from the Kallidus team.
If you're just setting up your Learn view ‘Big picture - build and curate learning’ to see more about Lesson types, and how to organise content in your Learn LMS - including an explanation of the differences between Courses, Catalogues and categories.
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!