In this article, we'll show to manually add one or more Users to a Group. Once a User becomes a member of a Group, they will instantly be assigned any mandatory and optional learning assigned to the Group.
Note that it is also possible to create a Group rule to automatically add Users to a Group.
Steps to manually add a User to a Group
- Browse to the Group area of Learn admin:
- Browse the list of Groups and select the Group to which new members are to be added (use the Group Category drop-down to reduce the list of Groups and simplify selection)
- Select 'Members' from the Group administration menu. The default view will show all currently assigned Users:
- Switch the view to 'All'. Learn will now list all Users in Learn:
- Place a tick in the checkbox next to the names of all the Users to add to the Group. The list of Users can be refined using the freetext search, the 'limit' to search (through which all User information fields can be referenced) and the enabled/not enabled drop-down
- Select 'Submit' to save the changes:
Get deeper learning in The Academy
A Learn LMS administrator can manually add users to Groups with just a few clicks, but when you're working at scale it's way more efficient to automate the process, and your data is key to that. View 'Automate learning assignment' for more detail.
View the 'Create a learning pathway' Course to see how your site set-up and Group rules can be used to deliver a tailored and focused learning experience for your people.