In this article, we'll show how to import external content - SCORM eLearning PDF, XLS, Word and PPT files - into Learn LMS, so you can share it with your people. MP4 and MOV files can also be imported. Note that if you have Kallidus Off-the-shelf content, we'll add that for you.
Each time content is imported, Learn creates a Course and a Lesson. The Lesson is the content you've selected to import, and the Course is the description of the content. The assignment between Course and Lesson is made, and the learning is ready to be deployed as required (if not needed, this Course can be deleted).
Steps to import SCORM and other files into Learn
- Navigate to ‘Administration Home’ and select ‘Course’ to view the Course list:
- Select ‘Import’. The Course import Wizard opens
- Select ‘Choose file’ and browse your computer to find file to import
- Select ‘Start Upload to proceed to the next stage of the Wizard
- Next, populate the properties for the new Course and Lesson. Course Code and Title, and Lesson code and Title will be prepopulated, but can be changed to align with your standard coding convention. Remaining fields to populate are: Course Category, Course card image, and Lesson duration:
- Select 'Start Course creation'. Once the content has been imported, the title of the new Course will be displayed. Select the Title to view the Course and edit it's properties, or select ‘Upload new content’ to import another file:
About the Course wizard
There is one Course Import Wizard in every Learn site. If more than one administrator is uploading content then the wizard will queue the imports, and upload them in sequence. A notification of ‘In Progress’ will appear for an imported Course or Lesson:
Remember – the Course created automatically by the Wizard can be deleted if not needed (this applies ONLY to Courses created after September 2018).
Files over 400mb cannot be processed with the upload wizard, if you have a file over this size then get in touch with the support team for further assistance.
Replace and update content
Content can change over time, and when that's the case you'll probably need to update the version in Learn LMS. Before you replace content files, take a look at What to do when eLearning content gets updated for recommended steps.
Get deeper learning in The Academy
To get the full picture of content import, including suggestions for good practice and tips from the Kallidus team, take a look at the 'How to import SCORM and other content to Learn LMS'.
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!