In this article we detail how to switch on the ability for senior managers to see down the hierarchy for their complete area of responsibility. This is useful as it enables senior managers the opportunity to see information for their direct report's teams. It can also help when a direct report is away from work or to inform manager/report meetings and discussions.
This article includes:
Watch the video below for an overview or follows the steps:
Steps to switch on the senior manager hierarchy view
- Browse to 'Settings' from Learn administration;
- Select 'Managers' from the administration menu:
- Select 'Data Health Check' and review. This informs the hierarchy for Users and needs to be correct for data integrity and to ensure managers see the correct team members in the hierarchy. Any changes identified need to be updated in your HR data feed file if one is used or fixed by manual actions:
- Go to 'Senior manager view settings':
That's it and the senior manager hierarchy view is now active
Steps to change the manager hierarchy view
Mangers can select to view their:
- direct reports
- wider team, i.e. the details for their manager's direct reports and so on if these also have these own teams
The steps shown here describe how a manager can change this view in their My Team area:
- Browse to 'Team Summary' tab in the My Team area in the manager view
- Select the filter, this shows by default as 'Direct reports' and can be change to display as 'Teams':
- When set as 'Direct reports' this shows only direct reports and their learning summary information:
- When set as 'Teams' this shows the direct reports and any with their own teams display an icon that indicates this:
- Select the manager to reveal the their direct report information:
- This action can be completed for manager who display with their own team until the end of the full hierarchy is reached.
View 'How line manager hierarchy is managed' to find out about how Primary Groups are used to manage line manager hierarchy in Learn LMS.
View 'Learn - the manager view' for a video tour of Learn as a Manager.
Get deeper learning in The Academy
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!