The Platform Settings tab allows you to customize the Sapling experience to look and feel like your company brand.
This article covers the following topics:
- What can I see on the "Platform" settings page?
- Section One: Platform
- Section Two: Company Page
- Section Three: New Hire Experience
What can I see on the "Platform" settings page?
- Platform: for global settings such as timezone, notifications, brand color, holidays, and GDPR.
- Company page: milestones, core values, culture gallery, and additional content that describes what it's like to work at your company
- New Hire Experience: Welcome message and preboarding complete notice
Section One: Platform
- Company Name: ex: "Rocketship"
- Date Format options: USA (mm/dd/yyyy) or International (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Time Zone: This determines when emails are sent out to team members
- Set automatic time out of Sapling sessions to: For security purposes, you can enable different times to be log out after being idle. 10, 20, 30 minutes, or Never
- If you login via SSO (Google for Okta), the same settings apply.
- Never means for as long as the cookie token stays valid, you will be able to login.
- The cookie will remain valid unless 1) the cache is cleared, or 2) two weeks have passed from the last user interaction.
- Note that if you change someone's permission, it will log them out to apply that permission change (regardless of what is set here).
- CEO: To enable the org chart, ensure that you list the CEO.
- Default Country & Currency
- Set Smart Assignment to Default
- Brand Color: must be hex color code. You can typically locate this from your brand or design team. Brand colors are used for emails, and to customize the pre-boarding experience
- Logo: Upload your company logo to be featured during login and in the upper lefthand corner of the platform
- Company landing photo: this is shown on sapling.saplinghr.com/#landing
Here is where you can set up holidays for your Sapling account. Create a new holiday by clicking "New Holiday", and enter:
- The date of the holiday (For example, January 1st)
- The people who it applies to (everyone OR filtered by departments, locations, or Calendar Settings)
On this page, you can choose to either show birthdays and work anniversaries, or hide them. By default, they are shown. If you turn this off, it will not be shown for anyone in the company, both on the Updates Page (milestones panel) or the calendar.
This is where you can opt-in to GDPR platform settings. You can choose to anonymize or delete data after a certain amount of time (1, 3, or 5 years), and can also keep it to certain locations/offices. More info here.
Oftentimes, the IT team may want to add extra security by implementing a single sign-on (SSO). If this is set up (through the integrations page), then you can tailor the login experience.
You can choose to limit new hires to login with their SSO only (for example, Okta or Google), both (email address and SSO), and or email only.
*Note: If you have enabled a Single Sign-On Integration, you will also need to enable it under the SSO section. You will be able to choose from either of the options listed below:
Enable 2FA Authentication
You can enable Sapling's inbuilt 2FA and force team members to use authentication applications (like Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.). To enable this, turn on the toggle 'Enable 2FA Authentication' and click on 'Save'.
After you enable this, here is the flow:
- The team member sees a QR code upon successful login
- They scan the QR code via their authenticator app i.e. Google authenticator
- And the login is successful.
**Note: After enabling this, the team member can't log in to Sapling without entering code from the Authenticator app and they will be asked for the code every time they attempt to login to Sapling.
If a team member lost/changed the device that had the authenticator app, resetting the sapling password would allow viewing the QR code again to set up 2FA. Reach out to our support team for any help regarding this.
This section can be used to share a directory of helpful links with your team members. The link's visibility can be filtered based on the location, department, and employment status.
Once enabled with the required links, the information is available to the team members under the Home page.
This feature allows uploading the data about existing/new team members in bulk. For additional details regarding this, check this knowledge base article - Sapling - Bulk Data Upload (Self Service Upload)
Section Two: Company Page
You can embed a company video to showcase to both new hires and existing team members. To do so, enter the URL from YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia and hit 'Save'. The video will be embedded at 640px.
You can write a brief bio about your company (the story that is usually be found on Glassdoor, Linkedin, or the company website).
Once enabled and information is entered, this will appear during preboarding in the "about us" section.
Key Milestones, Values, and Gallary (Photos)
Here, you can add all key milestones, company values, and photos that display your company culture. These will be displayed to new hires during preboarding to get them excited about their new team!
Section Three: New Hire Experience
You can add/modify a welcome note that new hires see when they first log in to Sapling. It also allows you to Set the default welcome profile to show at the beginning of preboarding. Typically, this is the program manager, or best point of contact while new hires are onboarding.
Preboarding complete Note
This message will appear when team members complete preboarding. You can start this with something like: "Congrats! You did it". You can add a description to give new hires reassurance before day one. Keep it brief, as it's in a popup.
This section helps to customize how existing team members are introduced to new hires in Sapling. New hires can be shown their team and/or team members onboarding with them.