In this article, we'll explain how to assign a Catalogue to a Group or individual users. This action ensures that members of the assigned Group(s) and the Users linked to the Catalogue can access all available optional learning resources, creating a convenient selection of resources.
Catalogues are usually assigned to Groups, but there are cases where it's beneficial to assign a Catalogue to both a Group and individual Users. When you assign it to a Group, it guarantees that any user who is no longer part of the group won't see the resources, while new group members automatically gain access without requiring additional administrator actions, promoting efficiency.
Steps to assign a Catalogue to Groups or Users
- Browse to the ‘Catalogue’ area of Learn admin:
- Select the Catalogue where Users/Groups need to be assigned. Use the 'Catalogue Category' search field to refine the list if that helps reduce the list:
- Select 'Group' to assign to a Group or 'User' to assign to Users:
- By default, this screen shows any current assignments for Group or User views based on your selection at this point
- Select 'All' to see all a full list. Use the search fields if required to refine the list
- Tick the Checkbox against the Group / User:
- Select ‘Submit’ to save the assignment
If Users can't see an assigned Catalogue, check the following:
• Are there any Courses assigned to the Catalogue? Only Catalogues with Courses are visible to Users, even if the Catalogue is correctly assigned to a Group
• If the Catalogue contains one or more Courses, do these Courses have Lessons? Courses without Lessons are not visible to Users, even if they are assigned
Get deeper learning in The Academy
View ‘Share optional learning with your people’ and 'Share mandatory learning with your people' for the bigger picture of learning assignment including troubleshooting, best practice, and tips from the Kallidus team.
If you're just setting up your Learn view ‘Big picture - build and curate learning’ to see more about Lesson types, and how to organise content in your Learn LMS - including an explanation of the differences between Courses, Catalogues and categories.
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!