Finding the best talent is the key to any successful organization, but it doesn’t stop at hiring – it’s just as important to support new hires, empower them to be productive and successful in their new role.
By leveraging Kallidus Sapling, you can provide significant improvements to your People Operations team and Hiring Managers, while completely streamlining the Candidate and Employee experience through the Greenhouse integration.
Greenhouse makes smart hiring decisions effective and measurable every step of the way.
With the Greenhouse integration, Sapling will:
- Create Pending Hires: When a new hire is marked as hired in Greenhouse, they will automatically be added to the Pending Hires dashboard in Sapling
- Update User Attributes: When an existing Sapling user is hired for a new role in Greenhouse, they will automatically be added to the Pending Hires dashboard so you can merge their updated job details into their existing profile
How it Works
Create Pending Hires
- When a new hire is marked as hired in Greenhouse, they will immediately be added to the Pending Hires dashboard in Sapling with their personal information and job details
- If enabled, a new pending hire notification will be sent out to your Admin team once the new hire has been added to the Pending Hires dashboard
- Check out the Supported Fields section for what fields are synced from Greenhouse to Sapling for pending hire creation
Update User Attributes
- When an existing Sapling user (active or inactive) is hired for a new role in Greenhouse, they will immediately be added to the Pending Hires dashboard just like a new hire
- However, they will have a duplicate profile warning which you can resolve by clicking "Resolve Duplicate" to merge their updated job details into their existing profile
- When a job details table is updated this way, the Effective Date of the latest row will reflect the Start Date of the new role
Before Enabling the Integration
To get the most out this integration and it's default mapping, we strongly advise you align the following company details:
- Your Greenhouse Locations (under organization settings) must match your Sapling Locations. Greenhouse requires a Location name and actual location, but you only need to match the name portion to Sapling.
- Your Greenhouse Departments (under organization settings) must match your Sapling Departments.
- Your Greenhouse Employment Types (under custom job options) must match your Sapling Employment Statuses.
Setting Up the Integration
Part 1: Create a candidate hired webhook in Greenhouse
- From your home page, navigate to Settings
- Under Settings, navigate to Dev Center
- Under Dev Center, navigate to Webhooks
- Under Create a New Webhook, enter the details below:
- Name this webhook: Enter any descriptive name for your integration (eg. Sapling Onboarding)
- When: Candidate has been hired
- Endpoint URL: Enter the (US/UK) webhook URL below and replace the subdomain with your Sapling subdomain
- For US customers (saplingapp.io): https://subdomain.saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/greenhouse
- For UK customers (kallidus-suite.com): https://subdomain.kallidus-suite.com/hr/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/greenhouse
- Secret Key: Enter any unique secret key (password) to secure the integration. Copy the password for Part 2 of the setup.
- Error recipient email (optional): Enter a team/workspace email if you'd like to be notified of any errors (eg. email@example.com)
- Disabled: No
- Once completed, click "Create Webhook"
Part 2: Enable the Greenhouse integration in Sapling
Under Administration Tools, navigate to Integrations
- Scroll down to find the Greenhouse integration and enable the integration slider
- Paste your Greenhouse secret key and click "Next"
- Confirm your configuration details and click "Activate" to complete the integration
Kallidus is continually expanding the number of fields that sync between Sapling and Greenhouse.
To change the default mapping of the fields above or to map additional fields from Greenhouse to Sapling, please download and fill out this custom mapping request form (File >> Save As >> Download a Copy). Once completed, please send it to our Support team and we'll be happy to help.
Please note that we can only map fields from the following Greenhouse sections:
Key Factors to be aware of
Field Name Matching
For the fields to sync correctly, the naming conventions must match between Sapling and Greenhouse for both the fields names and field values (for dropdown fields)
Compliance Data Management
Please note that Greenhouse cannot send EEOC data via its Webhooks (eg. gender, ethnicity, disability).
Resending New Hires
If you need to resend a new hire from Greenhouse to Sapling to capture the most updated data from their Greenhouse profile (eg. an adjusted start date), you can do so by following the steps below:
- In Sapling, delete the existing Pending Hire profile from the dashboard
- In Greenhouse, undo the hire and rehire the candidate
Please note: If you do not delete the existing Pending Hire first, rehiring the candidatewill not create a new Pending Hire profile with the updated data - you will simply have the existing Pending Hire profile with the outdated data.
Looking to do more?