When a candidate's profile has been marked as Hired in your ATS, the new hire's information will be automatically sent to Sapling's Pending Hire page.
This article covers the following topics:
- How to access your pending hires
- Getting notified about new pending hires
- Managing potential duplicates
- Importing Pending Hires
- Pro Tips💡
How to access your pending hires
To navigate to this page, click on Administration Tools -> "Pending Hires"
Finding the individual you want to begin onboarding and click "Start" to begin building their onboarding experience.
There are a few other secondary actions that you can take from this page:
- You can select one or several people to launch Bulk Onboarding
- You can select one or several people and export their data as a CSV
- You can select one or several people and remove them from Sapling
- You can resolve any duplicate profiles that may show up if synced incorrectly from your ATS
Getting notified about new pending hires
To ensure you are notified about a new pending hire, you can assign individuals to receive a Pending Hire notification.
To turn these notifications on/off, navigate from Administration Tools > Outbox > Notifications. Click on "Team Insights" and turn the toggle on/off for "New pending hire." You can also customize the content of this notification by clicking "Edit".
Managing potential duplicates
Sometimes, former team members will be hired again at your company or inadvertently synced multiple times from your ATS. If they are using the same email address, Sapling will flag this on the pending hires page. You can resolve it in a few ways:
- by updating their profile with the latest start date and new hire information
- by removing them and starting the process again from your ATS
Note: you must have Super Admin or Temp Admin permissions to successfully resolve duplicates.
Importing Pending Hires
If you have a batch of new hires from a system not connected to Sapling (e.g. a non-integrated ATS, or a series of new hires from a not-yet-completed acquisition), you can import their details into Sapling from a CSV file.
Super Admin users will see an Import button on the Pending Hires page; click here to launch our Bulk Data Uploads tool for uploading your CSV and importing the Pending Hires.
- From the Pending Hires page, you can also onboard someone from scratch by clicking the button on the top right that says "Add new hire"