Sapling allows employees to complete legally binding e-signatures during the onboarding, transitioning, and offboarding stage.
**Note: If you're an Admin in Sapling, navigate here.
This article covers the following topics:
- Types of Documents
- How to view/download Assigned Documents
Types of Documents
Sapling provides a number of document solutions.
Signatory documents are the type of documents that require a review and a signature(s).
- Single sign:
- These documents are assigned to team members and typically include - Employment agreements, Non-disclosure agreements, Tax-related documents, and etc.
- These documents have to be signed by both the New Hire and Assigned Representative. An example of this type of document is an I9 or offer letter.
- Click on the 'Sign' button to sign the required documents.
Upload requests are the type of documents that require you to upload a specific document into Sapling (for ex: passport photos, copy of your driver’s license, etc). These can also be "Acknowledge or Read-Only" documents that a team member needs to read but does not need to sign.
- Click on 'Upload' to upload documents as required by your company.
How to view/download Assigned Documents
You can view all the assigned documents by logging in to your Sapling profile and clicking on the “Documents” tab. From here, click View from the Actions menu to see all the document details.
Status of the document
Once assigned, you can view the document’s status from the “Status” column. There are 7 key document status stages:
- Preparing: Sapling has received the signatory document request and is working behind the scenes to customize it.
- Ready for Signature: Sapling has assigned the signatory document to you and it’s ready for you to sign.
- Submitted by Employee: The document has been signed and submitted for confirmation with the e-signature service.
- Ready for Co-signers: You have signed the document, but it is still waiting for the document co-signers to sign
- Submitted by Co-signers: The document has been signed by all co-signers and submitted for confirmation with the e-signature service.
- Incomplete: Sapling has assigned the Upload document to you and it’s ready for upload.
- Completed: The document has been signed by you and all co-signers (when applicable), and finalized in the e-signature service.
By clicking on the ‘Download All’ button, you can download all the documents or download an individual document as required.