Sapling's preboarding portal is designed to provide a consistent and informative introduction for new hires that are about to join the team.
This article covers the following topics:
- Before you begin Preboarding
- Welcome Email
- Create your password
- Company Introduction
- People Page
- About You
Before you begin Preboarding
While the preboarding experience is customized from company to company, below are the most commonly requested documents to help support your preboarding process.
- Headshot photo (for your Sapling profile)
- Social Security number (for tax documents)
- Photo ID (like a driver's license or passport photo)
Once these have been assembled, we suggest setting aside ~10-20 minutes to fully complete preboarding.
When your company onboards you with Sapling, you'll receive a welcome email sent to your personal email address. This will provide specific, important information about your new role.
When you are ready to start preboarding, click the "Start Onboarding" button at the bottom of the welcome email.
Create your password
After you click "Start Onboarding", you'll be taken to a dedicated landing page where you can create your password.
Below are the Sapling password requirements:
- At least 8 characters
- One lowercase character
- One uppercase character
- One number
- One special character (for example, % @ # ! )
- Not easily guessable (for example, no repeating patterns like abcd1234 allowed)
The Company Introduction/Team Story page allows you to learn about your company's history, milestones, values, and view the team photo gallery.
The People page introduces you to the key people you should know for your first day, such as your manager and department.
It also introduces you to your onboarding class, which is comprised of the last eight people that have joined the organization.
The About You section collects all the data and paperwork that HR needs you to complete. You will need to fill in the Profile Information (such as Profile Photo, About, etc.), Personal Information (such as name, mobile number, home number, etc.), Private information (such as your home address, emergency contact, etc.), and some 'Additional Fields' as required by your company.
To complete the paperwork, review and sign your Documents:
- Click on the 'Sign' symbol to sign the signatory documents.
- Click on 'Upload' for Upload requests.
Finishing this before your first day means once you're actually in the office, you can focus on the more exciting and strategically engaging parts of your new role!
- Use an updated version of the Google Chrome or Safari browser for a smooth preboarding experience.
- Use either Laptop/Desktop or a bigger screen device for excellent user experience and for better visibility.