Sapling's preboarding portal is designed to provide a consistent and informative introduction for new hires that are about to join the team.
This article covers the following topics:
- Before you begin Preboarding
- Welcome Email
- Create your password
- Company Introduction
- People Page
- About You
Before you begin Preboarding
While the preboarding experience is customized from company to company, below are the most commonly requested documents you'll need to upload to help support your preboarding process.
- Profile photo (work appropriate, of course!)
- National ID number (like Social Security or Social Insurance numbers)
- Photo ID (like a driver's license or passport photo)
Once these have been assembled, we suggest setting aside ~10-20 minutes to fully complete preboarding.
When your company onboards you with Sapling, you'll receive a welcome email sent to your personal email address. This will provide specific, important information about your new role.
When you are ready to start preboarding, click the "Start Onboarding" button at the bottom of the welcome email.
Create your password
After you click "Start Onboarding", you'll be taken to a dedicated landing page where you can create your password.
Below are the Sapling password requirements:
- At least 8 characters
- One lowercase character
- One uppercase character
- One number
- One special character (for example, % @ # ! )
- Not easily guessable (for example, no repeating patterns like "abcd1234" or no common words like "password" allowed)
The Company Introduction/Team Story page allows you to learn about your company's history, milestones, values, and view the team photo gallery.
You and your team
The People page introduces you to the key people you should know for your first day, such as your manager and department.
It may also introduce you to your onboarding class, other recent hires that have joined the organization.
The Your profile section collects all the data your HR team needs now or later for your profile in Sapling. Some of this information will be visible to other team members and some will be private to you, your manager, or the HR team.
This section will contain all the documents that need to be completed before your first day:
- Click on 'View and sign' to sign any offers, contracts, handbooks, or other documents needing your signature
- Click on 'Upload' to upload any required documents or photos
Finishing this before your first day means that once you're actually in the office (in-person, remote, or anything in between), you can focus on the more exciting and engaging parts of your new role!
- Be sure you're running an up-to-date version of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari browsers for a smooth preboarding experience
- If you run into any trouble, reach out to your HR team for support