Finding the best talent is the key to any successful organization, but it doesn’t stop at hiring – it’s just as important to support new hires, empower them to be productive and successful in their new role.
By leveraging Kallidus Sapling, you can provide significant improvements to your People Operations team and Hiring Managers, while completely streamlining the Candidate and Employee experience through the Workable integration.
Workable is more than an applicant tracking system - it's talent acquisition software helps teams find candidates, evaluate applicants and make the right hire, faster.
With the Workable integration, Sapling will:
- Create Pending Hires: When a new hire is marked as hired in Workable, they will automatically be added to the Pending Hires dashboard in Sapling
- Update User Attributes: When an existing Sapling user is hired for a new role in Workable, they will automatically be added to the Pending Hires dashboard so you can merge their updated job details into their existing profile
How it Works
Create Pending Hires
- When a new hire is marked as hired in Workable, they will immediately be added to the Pending Hires dashboard in Sapling with their personal information and job details
- If enabled, a new pending hire notification will be sent out to your Admin team once the new hire has been added to the Pending Hires dashboard
- Check out the Supported Fields section for what fields are synced from Workable to Sapling for pending hire creation
Update User Attributes
- When an existing Sapling user (active or inactive) is hired for a new role in Workable, they will immediately be added to the Pending Hires dashboard just like a new hire
- However, they will have a duplicate profile warning which you can resolve by clicking "Resolve Duplicate" to merge their updated job details into their existing profile
- When a job details table is updated this way, the Effective Date of the latest row will reflect the Start Date of the new role
Before Enabling the Integration
For this integration to work, please ensure your hiring pipeline in Workable includes a Hired stage. Moving candidates into this stage will trigger the integration.
To get the most out this integration and it's default mapping, we strongly advise you align the following company details:
- Your Workable Locations (under job details) must match your Sapling Locations.
- Your Workable Departments (under company settings) must match your Sapling Departments.
Setting Up the Integration
Part 1: Create a token in Workable
- From your homepage, navigate to Settings
Under Settings, navigate to Integrations
- Scroll down to the Kallidus integration and click on "Settings"
- Click on "Generate token"
- Copy the token for Part 2 of the setup
Part 2: Enable the Workable integration in Sapling
Under Administration Tools, navigate to Integrations
Scroll down to find the Workable integration and enable the integration slider
- Enter your Workable subdomain and paste your Workable token
- Once completed, click "Next"
- Confirm your configuration details and click "Activate" to complete the integration
Kallidus is continually expanding the number of fields that sync between Sapling and Workable.
Please note that is not possible to exclude or custom map any of the supported fields above, or map any additional fields at this time.
Key Factors to be aware of
Field Name Matching
For the fields to sync correctly, the naming conventions must match between Sapling and Workable for both the fields names and field values (for dropdown fields)
Managing Start Dates
Workable passes the date a candidate is moved into their pipeline's "hired" stage as the "start date" for all HRIS/onboarding integrations; of course, that may not actually be the start date for that team member from which you want to base their Sapling onboarding experience
When the candidate appears in Sapling, adjust the Start Date to reflect the team member's true start date, either from the Pending Hires page, or from the Dashboard (if you've already launched their onboarding experience)
- You may be able to improve your internal team's experience with additional "offer" type stages in Workable but note that Workable will still only set the "start date" in Sapling based on the date the candidate is moved into the "hired" type stage
Looking to do more?