The Kallidus Sapling platform helps HR and People Operations teams automate and streamline administrative tasks so they can focus on employee experience, retention, and creating an amazing culture for the most successful teams.
Our Xero integration allows you to sync new hire data with your Xero account, saving your HR, People Operations, and Payroll manual data entry and removing the risk of errors, while providing a great new hire experience.
Sapling is currently integrated with the Australian payroll version on Xero. There are two other payroll versions of Xero (United Kingdom and New Zealand) that are not currently supported.
With the Xero integration, Sapling will:
- Create Users: When a user completes their Sapling profile (completes Preboarding), they will automatically be created in Xero.
- Update User Attributes: When a user attribute is changed in Sapling and the user is mapped (a new hire or an existing team member), the corresponding user profile in Xero will automatically be updated.
**Note: The changes are synced to Xero immediately.
Deactivate Users:When a user is offboarded in Sapling, the corresponding user profile in Xero will automatically be deactivated.
This article covers the following topics:
- How it Works
- Setting up the Integration Step by Step
- Overview of Xero
- Integration Fields
- Key Factors to be aware of
- 💡 Looking to do more?
How it Works
Setting up the Integration Step by Step
Step #1. Enable the Xero Integration in Sapling
- Navigate to the Integrations → Payroll Integrations → Xero AU
- Click the Yes Continue button (Before continuing, please double-check that you have employee groups setup in your company's Xero account.)
Step #2. Allow Sapling to access Xero
- You will be redirected to Xero → Login to Xero
- Complete logging in with the authenticator app
- You will see a popup box → Grant Access
Step #3. Confirm the Integrations Settings
- Review the integration categories and make your selection
- Save changes and that’s it!
Overview of Xero
Xero is world-leading online accounting software built for small businesses.
- Get a real-time view of your cash flow. Log in anytime, anywhere on your Mac, PC, tablet of phone to get a real-time view of your cash flow. It’s small business accounting software that’s simple, smart, and occasionally magical.
- Run your business on the go. Use our mobile app to reconcile, send invoices, or create expense claims - from anywhere.
- Get paid faster with online invoicing. Send online invoices to your customers - and get updated when they’re opened.
- Reconcile in seconds. Xero imports and categorizes your latest bank transactions. Just click ok to reconcile.
Find out more or try Xero Accounting Software for free.
Kallidus is continually expanding the number of fields that sync between Sapling and Xero.
- Here is a full list of the Sapling and Xero Integration Fields.
In order to provision the new record in Xero, the following information is required in Sapling:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Home address
- Start Date
- Date of Birth
- Personal Email
- Company Email
- Ordinary Hours
Please note: If the company email is not present, Sapling will use the personal email for both.
If you'd like to sync a user's salary from Sapling to Xero during onboarding, you'll need to include the following fields in your Compensation table:
- Calculation Type (set to Annual Salary)
- Annual Salary (renamed from Pay Rate)
- Hours per Week (set to 37.5 or 38 depending on your company setup in Xero)
If you'd like to sync a user's banking information from Sapling to Xero during onboarding, you'll need to include the following profile fields under Profile Setup:
- Account Name
- Account Number
- Bank Name
- BSB/Sort Code
Please note: The Account Name cannot exceed 32 characters due to a limitation of the Xero API
Key Factors to be aware of
In order to enable the integration, the following information is set up requirements:
- Organization ID
- Payroll Calendar
- Employee Group
- Pay Template
Field Names in Sapling & Xero
- For the Fields to sync correctly, the field options naming conventions must match between Sapling and Xero.
- Sapling can only sync employees with Australian addresses to Xero.
- If you have a remote/non-Australian employee and would like to sync their address to Xero, you can enter your Australian company address as a placeholder.
Time Off Management
If you're using Sapling's Time Off module, we can sync approved leave requests from Sapling to Xero to help keep your payroll up to date. This feature is enabled by default when you turn on the Xero integration.
When the integration is first enabled, we will automatically create equivalent time off policies in Xero for all your existing Sapling time off policies. For any subsequent Sapling time off policies you may create after the integration is enabled, we will also automatically create equivalent time off policies in Xero for you.
- For example: If you have time off policy A in Sapling, we will create an equivalent time off policy A in Xero for you. Please note: This integration assumes Sapling is the source of truth for your time off policies. If you already had time off policy A in Xero prior to enabling the integration, a duplicate policy will be created - but only one of those policies are synced with its Sapling counterpart.
As you create your Sapling time off policies, you'll want to review two additional fields available when the Xero integration is enabled:
- Is this a paid leave? (On the Basic Policy Information step, make sure the Is this a paid leave? the field is set to yes or no, per your policy).
- Display balances on payslips? (On the Time Off Balances step, make sure the Display balances on payslips? the field is set to yes or no, per your policy).
As leave requests in Sapling are approved, they'll be immediately synced to Xero against their equivalent policies - ready for your next pay run.
Termination and Offboarding
This integration will deactivate users in Xero once they are no longer active in Sapling.
When a user is offboarded in Sapling, their profile in Xero will be deactivated based on the Access Cutoff specified during the offboarding workflow.
- For example: If a user has a Termination Date of 08/31 but their Access Cutoff was set to 09/02, their Xero profile will only be deactivated on 09/02.
Filters in Sapling
Sapling supports filtering, and allows you to identify what users you want to keep synced based on the following:
Please sign in to leave a comment.