We have added course and lesson descriptions into the Learn.unx universe. These new objects allow you to report on the course and lesson descriptions that you have entered into Learn. You will find these new objects in the 'Courses' and 'Lesson' folders respectively in the 'Edit query' window as shown below.
You can add these objects onto your report as follows:
- Open your report
- Click on 'Design' at the top right of the report
- Click on the 'Edit' button in the 'Data Access' tab to edit the report query
- Expand the 'Courses' and 'Lessons' folders to find the new objects. Alternatively you can search using the search box at the top of the list of objects
- Drag the objects into the result objects pane
- Click 'Run queries' to run the report again
- Add the new objects from the 'Available Objects' panel into your report
If you cannot find these new objects then you may need to convert your report to use the Learn.unx universe and not the LMS or LMS.unx universe. Instructions on how to do this can be found through this link to the 'Upgrade your Universe!' article.
The course and lesson descriptions may contain HTML tags which format the description in Learn. For example you may see <a href> hyperlink tags, <p> for a new paragraph or <b>sample text</b> for bold text.
If you do see these and want the descriptions to be displayed without the tags then you can change the cell format so that it displays as HTML as follows:
- Right-click on the description object you have added to your report
- Select 'Format Cell'
- In the 'General' menu change 'Read content as' from 'Text' to 'HTML'
- Click 'OK'
- Your descriptions will now be shown in HTML without the tags.