Certificates are a great way to motivate and engage learners. In this article, we’ll share 3 certificate templates for you to use in Learn LMS. We’ll show how to add your organisation's logo and upload to share the certificate in Learn LMS.
To get the certificates, scroll to the end of this article. There are 3 certificate versions:
- A certificate with the text ‘certificate of completion’
- A certificate with the text ‘certificate of achievement
- A blank certificate
Certificates in Learn LMS are attached to Lessons. As soon as the learner completes the Lesson, the certificate can be viewed in browser, and downloaded if required:
To customise the attached certificates with a logo you will need to edit the HTML document. For this, we recommend using notepad++. It’s simple and free to use. Always check with your IT team first before downloading any third party software.
Your organisations logo must be exactly 250x80 pixels (this is the same size as the logo that appears in Learn LMS). The image must also be hosted at a web location. To host an image at a web location, contact whoever looks after your marketing images.
If this is not possible, view the ‘Motivate and reward learners with certificates’ Course in The Academy, in which we describe how to embed the image directly into the HTML code.
Steps to add your organisations logo to one of the 3 certificates
- Download the certificate from this article and save to a convenient location on your computer
- Right click the file and select open with notepad++
- View row 8. Insert the URL at which your image is hosted between the quotation marks:
- Select 'Save' and close the file
- To preview the certificate double click the file. The certificate will open in your browser
Steps to upload a certificate to Learn
- Navigate to the Lesson for which a certificate is required
- Select 'browse'
- Select 'Upload'
- Select 'Add Files' and browse to the certificate(s) to upload
- Select 'Upload' and 'Close' when the certificate is successfully uploaded
- Select the check box next to the certificate to use
- Select 'Insert'
- Select 'Submit' to save the changes to the Lesson
Learn more in The Academy
In the ‘Motivate and reward learners with certificates’ Course' we follow the steps described above. You’ll see how to change the text font and colour, how to swap the shaded background for an image created by your marketing team, and what to do if your marketing team are unable to host a logo or background image for you.