In a situation where two CEOs or 'Board of members' need to be added at the same level in an Org chart, while there is not a direct way to that in Sapling, the below-mentioned workaround can be utilized to achieve this.
This article covers the following topics:
- How this works
- How to configure this in Sapling
- Pro tips💡
How this works
We create a new profile titled "Board of Directors" in this article (It can be any name of your choice), add that new profile as CEO under "Platform Settings" and have both CEOs or 'Board of members' reporting to the new profile so that they are on the same level.
How to configure this in Sapling
Part 1: Steps required by Sapling Admin/Super-Admin
- To add a new profile in Sapling, go to 'Company' > 'People Directory' > Click on 'Add team member'.
- Enter the details and click Add (e.g. Name, Start date, etc.)
**Note: Email addresses don't have to be valid & false addresses can be used. Make sure to uncheck the option ‘send this team member an invitation to Sapling’
- Go to 'Administration Tools' > 'Platform Settings', locate CEO and update it to a newly created profile.
- Search for existing CEO or 'Board of members" profile and update their manager to a newly created profile.
- After making these changes, the new structure will reflect on the Org chart.
**Note: Usually the changes are immediate. However, it might take some time to reflect.
Part 2: Steps required by Sapling Support Team
Once the above-listed steps are complete, reach out to the Sapling Support team (email@example.com). Essentially, there are some changes that need to be made on the backend to exclude the newly created profile from the company's headcount available under the Overview report (see screenshot below).
However, note that the newly created team member will show up in the reports with filters 'Inactive only' & 'All team members'.
- The "Manager Relationship" is used to configure your Org Chart, so be sure to keep your Job Details tab up to date.
- New hires will appear on the Org Chart only once their start date has passed.
- Updates to the Org Chart occur when there are changes in names, managers, or job titles in the platform. This typically occurs in a few seconds, however, for busy periods with lots of changes, this may take up to one hour.