Sapling documents can be updated with new content and made available to the team members as needed.
The change will be applicable for new team members only and it will not change the document for already assigned team members. To update it for existing team members, the documents need to be reassigned.
This article covers the following topics:
- How it works
- How to update the content of an existing document
- How to update fields for an existing document
- How to re-apply the document to employees
- Pro-tips 💡
How it works
To update the content for Sapling documents, the existing documents are removed and replaced with the new document. However, the fields can be updated for an existing document.
How to update the content of an existing document
Considering the new document is ready, follow the below-mentioned steps to update an existing Sapling document:
- Open "Documents" from Administration Tools , select & open the desired document
- Scroll to the bottom & Click on 'X' to remove the existing document
- Drag & Drop a PDF document or Click to upload a new document
- Click on "Update" to set up the fields for the document as needed
- Save the changes
How to update fields for an existing document
These steps can be used when you're willing to update the fields for an existing document
- Open "Documents" from Administration Tools located at the top & click on Actions > Edit
- Scroll to the bottom & click on the pencil icon
- Update/add fields as needed
- Click on "Continue"
- You will receive a notification in Sapling that the Signature document update
How to re-apply the document to employees
As the updated documents will not be available for existing team members, here are the steps to apply the updated documents to team members:
- Go to the People directory under Company and search/select the desired employees
- Click "Assign" & select "Individual Document" (or "Document packet" if you updated a packet)
- Pick up the updated document from the list, select a due date & click "Assign"
At this time, Sapling does not support signing orders. Documents are always sent to the team member first and the co-signer second.
- When an employee signs the document, an email notification is sent to the respective co-signer and a new notification is triggered for each document.
Signatory documents only support a total of 2 signatures (i.e the employee and a co-signer). Currently, we cannot support 3+ signees for a given document.
- The content of the documents can be updated. However, the change will be applicable for new users only and it will not change the document for already assigned users. To update it for existing users, the documents need to be reassigned.
- When you update the co-signer of a document, it applies to documents assigned after the change as well as documents still unsigned.
- If a document has been incorrectly completed by an employee/co-signer, the document will have to be deleted and then reassigned.