This article highlights a few side-by-side comparisons between Classic Sapling and New Sapling, along with a few frequently asked questions, following the Summer 2023 Product Update.
Left-hand navigation and some top-level navigation (like People, Outbox, and Pending Hires)...
...is folded into top-level navigation
People Directory and Org Chart are under Company
Outbox, Pending Hires, and all the former left-hand navigation are under Administration Tools
Clicking on a table row to open, navigate to, or edit its contents...
...now happens by clicking Edit, View, etc. under the Actions menu on the right side of the table row
Click Actions to get a list of all available actions you can take on a table row in a single spot
Smart Assignment during lifecycle events...
...runs more consistently in lifecycle events
Assigned activities will not be removed (or added) if the Smart Assignment parameters are changed on step 1 of Onboarding or Offboarding after Smart Assignment has already assigned workflows, documents, or emails
The Groups page...
...has a new layout for easier navigation and group management
The Tasks page...
...has a new layout for easier navigation and task management
Side-by-side view for faster access to task details
New search and filters to quickly find specific tasks
...are cleaner to read and take action
Using View As mode which previously returned you to your own profile when ending a View As session...
...now returns you exactly where you were last viewing when ending a View As session
Frequently asked questions
- Q: I use multiple Kallidus products; will I be able to navigate from one to another without signing in again?
- A: Yes, we're rolling out updates to our top-level product navigation to include Sapling over the next few months. You'll need to be running on our latest Identity solution (IDS6) to leverage that global navigation.
- Q: Can I (or my new hires) use Sapling from a mobile to complete their preboarding or other tasks?
- A: Yes, the employee and manager experiences in particular are optimized for mobile, and the entire app is responsively designed for availability on tablet or mobile devices.
- Q: Are there any other new features included in the new Sapling?
- A: Yes, quite a few actually and most suggested by our customers. Read more about those features available now or soon here.
- Q: How long will Classic Sapling still be available?
- A: For now, you can "return to Classic Sapling" at any time from the upper-right menu; however, we're planning to deprecate Classic Sapling over the rest of the year so we can focus entirely on improving your experience in the new Sapling.
- Q: I need more help or am experiencing an issue; what should I do?
- A: Visit our Help Centre to check our knowledge base or connect with our Support team. You can also get in touch by clicking "Need help?" from the bottom-right corner of Sapling (or any Kallidus product).
- Q: I have feedback to share; where can I share it?