By leveraging the Sapling and Zapier integration, you can now use Zapier to search Sapling and send new job details updates to other apps. This initial rollout of job detail updates from Sapling to other popular platforms like Google Sheets, Microsoft Teams, and more is now live.
This KB article covers the following topics:
- Overview of Zapier
- How it works
- How to use Sapling and Zapier together
- Example walkthrough connecting Sapling and Slack through Zapier
Overview of Zapier
Zapier allows you to connect thousands of different web apps together and create automation between them. In Zapier you can build “Zaps” (integrations between apps) which can automate parts of your work. If a certain action takes place in one app, it triggers a resulting action in the same or integrated app.
How it works
How to use Sapling and Zapier together
- Set up a Job Details webhook in Sapling, enabling the Zapier integration
- Sign up for a new Zapier account, or sign in to your existing one
- Once you are logged in, find the Sapling app on Zapier here
- Connect Sapling and another complementary app to Zapier
- Follow the steps to set up the Zapier automation, known as a Zap
- Test out your new Zap
- You're all done!
Once set up, Zaps run in the background without you needing to do anything else. Workflows that used to take hours will now only take minutes. This automates your tasks, saves you time, and keeps multiple tools in sync.
Example walkthrough connecting Sapling and Slack through Zapier
This video demonstrates sending direct messages to a user on Slack when certain Job Detail information is changed in Sapling using a Zapier Zap to create the connection.