We understand the importance of accurately setting up time off policies for team members across the organization. As so, we have outlined the best practices for rolling out time off requests via Sapling.
Step 1: Set-up Holidays
- Ensure your company holidays are set up within your Sapling calendar
Step 2: Confirm Policies
- Set up Time Off policies in Sapling
- These policies will be created in the 'disabled' status
Step 3: Test and confirm the workflow
- Allocate a small test group (approx 5 - 10 people)
*Note: This can be done by location, department, or team.
- Activate Time Off visibility for these groups in the Permission settings
- Start making requests
- See How to request time off in Sapling
- Confirm manager workflow is as expected
Step 4: Launch with a Pilot Group
- Once comfortable and confident in the workflow, launch with a pilot group of 20 - 50 people
- Provide clear instructions
Step 5: Company-wide launch
- Once you’ve validated your policies and request process, launch more broadly
Step 6: Time Off Reporting
Time Off Reports can format data by date ranges or payroll cycles such as weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly so that payroll reporting is much easier.
These options also allow you to report across calendar years. For example, if an employee makes a Time Off request overlapping two years (e.g. December 23rd to January 6th), we can report on it by either seeing a total balance or seeing a subdivided balance that doesn't cross over the year. To do this, select "Monthly". The "Requests" tab in the Excel sheet export will split the single Time Off entry into multiple entries for the employee.