Sapling Calendar feeds allow you to pull Sapling calendar information into Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and macOS.
What calendars are available?
The calendar integration is enabled on an individual basis and can show:
New Hire Start Dates (available to Admin and Super Admins)
Offboarding Dates (available to Admin and Super Admins)
Task Due Dates (available to all team members)
Birthdays (available to all team members)
Work Anniversaries (available to all team members)
**Note: Once enabled, Calendar shows six month and one-year anniversaries for all employees by default
Out of Office (available to all team members)
- Holidays (available to all team members)
If you would prefer not to sync calendar feeds for Work Anniversaries, Birthdays, or Time Off, simply go to Administration Tools > Platform Settings > Calendar, and toggle these options to "off".
Setting up your Calendars
To set up a particular calendar feed on your calendar, navigate to Home > Calendar > Create feed.
Filtering your Calendar feeds
Sapling supports filtering, and the filters will determine what data will be visible in your calendar feed:
**Note: Once the filters are selected, these filters will be applied to all calendar feeds.
Once you click "Next", you will be able to create a feed for each event type, copy each link, and paste it into your desired calendar.
The integration works for programs like Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, and Apple Calendar.
Changes made within Sapling can take up to 12 hours to be reflected in your calendar.
- For the Google Calendar synchronization, you may want to mark the calendar for automatic sync through this https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/syncselect
The Calendar Feed will show different options depending on your role (for example, team members that aren't admins can't see first and last days, but will be able to sync over tasks and birthdays).
If the calendar feed link is shared with colleagues they will be able to see updates to the calendar.
- For the calendar feeds, these are set individually by team members and cannot be set my an admin.
- If any changes are made to the calendar filters, then it will only fetch the events with the updated filters and not the events of previous filters.
When an event is deleted it will also remove from the calendar feed when the calendar syncs the changes.
- Occasionally, google calendar might synchronize the calendar only once or twice a day.