Your company most likely observes various holidays across different offices. With Sapling, you can track and manage holidays across all locations, sharing insight with all team members around the globe.
This article covers the following topics:
- How to add a new Holiday
- How to modify or delete a Holiday
- How to bulk upload Holidays
- How to view the Holiday Calendar
- Pro Tips 💡
How to add a new Holiday
To go to the Holiday settings page, navigate from Administration Tools > Platform Settings. From your Platform Settings, select Holidays.
To create a new holiday, select "Add New Holiday" from the upper right-hand corner. Name the holiday, select what dates and who it applies to (by department, location, or employment status), and click 'Add holiday'.
Once a holiday is saved, it will automatically appear in your team’s company calendar.
How to modify or delete a Holiday
From the same Holidays menu in your Platform settings, use the actions menu on the right hand side of each holiday. Select "Modify" to edit an existing holiday, or "Delete" to remove it from your company calendar.
How to bulk upload Holidays
To bulk upload holidays, navigate from Administration Tools > Platform Settings. From your Platform Settings, select Upload data.
Under Create, you will see an option for "New Holidays".
Once you select on "Get started, you will see the following options:
- Download and fill in the CSV template below
- Upload the complete CSV template
Once the upload is completed:
- You will receive an email indicating whether the upload was successful or
- An email indicating that there was some errors and those errors will be outlined
- If any errors, please fix the data and only upload the failed holidays, otherwise this will result in duplicate holidays.
How to view the Holiday Calendar
Once you've set up your holidays, all permission levels given "View" access to the holiday calendar will be able to see the calendar on their home page. To view the calendar, navigate from Home > Calendar.
All upcoming holidays, as well as other key dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.), will be reflected and color-coded on the calendar.
Pro Tips 💡
- Questions on who can view what on the calendar? Check out our article on calendar visibility.
- As holidays do not automatically roll over from year to year, you will need to set up your global holiday calendar at the end of every year within Sapling. This is to ensure that if things change, it does not automatically apply to a given team when it is no longer relevant.
- The Upcoming holidays (within the next 90 days) are shown under the "Time off" section of each employee profile.
For holiday uploads, please ensure Departments, Locations, and Employment status are in a comma-separated list or set to All. It is optional to complete and if left empty, it will default to All.
The start and end dates will be validated according to the date format specified in the platform settings. Please ensure that both dates are in the same format. The end date is optional, if it's not provided, the start date will be considered the end date.