Once your Sapling Administrator has assigned you to be a manager for one or more team members, you can view your team’s time off requests directly in Sapling.
This article covers the following topics:
Time-off email notification
When new requests are made, you'll receive an email notification that includes:
- The name of your direct report
- The dates requested
- Any additional notes from the request
Clicking on the link in the email will take you to your “Team page”, where you can either approve or deny the request.
Under the calendar tab, you will be able to use filters for event types, such as Vacations.
Once you have filtered specific event types that are related to time off, you will be able to see approved and pending requests. This gives anyone managing a team more opportunities to ensure appropriate team coverage, especially around busy time-off request periods.
In the legend:
- The solid dots = approved requests
- The open dots = pending requests
**Note: The open dots have a colored outline and that color indicates the type of time off type (ie Vacations, Parental Leave, Jury Duty, etc)
- The legend will only display the time off types that have been created. For example, if you only have time off policies for Vacation, then it will only display Vacations in the legend.
- When a pending request gets approved, then the open dot will be a solid dot.
- When a pending request gets denied, then the request will be removed from the calendar view.
- The pending request will only be displayed in the Sapling Calendar and will not be displayed in the Out of Office calendar feeds.