The Updates Page is the homepage for all of your team members that provides highly relevant and contextual information about their responsibilities. To access this page, click the Home button in the upper left hand corner.
This article covers the following topics:
- Who can view the Updates Page?
- What content is featured on the Updates Page?
- 💡Pro Tips
Who can view the Updates Page?
It’s important that your team members see only the information that’s relevant to them.
To edit what is displayed on the Updates Page, you can adjust your permission levels to reflect information based on role type. Or you can disable features within Administration Tools > Platform Settings.
What content is featured on the Updates Page?
There are two columns of key information that can be displayed based on your settings.
On the left column, you’ll see various updates to keep you engaged with your team.
- A snapshot of your personal Time Off (if this module is enabled)
- All recently arrived new Team Members
- Any team members that are Out of Office
- Other team member milestones (like birthdays/anniversaries)
On the right column, you’ll see a high level overview of your entire organization. This column is dependent on the permission levels outlined below:
With standard Employee permission, you see:
- My Activities: any open tasks that you need to complete
- Platform Experience: a glance at how many employees are currently at your org (links to the People Directory)
- Company Links: a directory of helpful links (for ex: to your internal wiki, your company handbook, etc. To edit this, please see instructions here)
With standard Manager permission, you'll also see:
- Information Updates: any change requests you need to review or approve
With Admin or Super Admin permission, you'll also see:
- Pending Hires: shows you how many new hires need to be onboarded
- Program Management: a high-level overview of company movements and all open tasks
As an Admin or Super Admin, you will be able to see the Updates Pages of other team members (using View-As Mode) - enabling you to help with troubleshooting, functionality, and navigation.
- Team Milestones include anniversaries and birthdays. To enable/disable, navigate to Administration Tools(Top menu) > Platform Settings > Calendar. If enabled, anniversaries and birthdays are shown on Sapling's Calendar, the Updates Page and the external feed. You can decide whether you want these events enabled or disabled.
- On the Upcoming milestones section, these will be displayed to all members of your organization. Milestones are shown on the updates page based on anniversaries and birthdays that are within 10 calendar days.