If you are having difficulty receiving emails from Kallidus systems the below FAQ will help you and your internal IT troubleshoot any issues you may be having, and improve the deliverability of emails.
You should ask your messaging team, IT team or ISP to:
- Allow our mail servers to relay for your domain by adding the addresses to your SPF record. This will allow Kallidus systems to legitimately send email from your domain, which may otherwise be rejected by third-party email servers.
- Implement DKIM signing for emails originating from Kallidus. DKIM is a method of digitally signing email with a key that an external recipient can validate and provides the recipient server with an additional level of trust.
- Add our mail server addresses to the whitelist for sending servers. This will ensure that email is not flagged as spam or filed as junk.
- For important messages, ensure that your system is configured to send text messages.
How do I implement SPF?
To authorise Kallidus to send an email on your behalf, you must add our SPF mechanism to your SPF record:
To confirm that your SPF record passes validation checks, use the SPF Query Tool from https://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/spf/checker/ or https://tools.wordtothewise.com/spf/check. If validation fails with Too many DNS lookups, you can add the individual Kallidus mail relay servers to your SPF record instead:
How do I implement DKIM?
Your organisation needs to update the DNS records of your domain so systems can locate the domain key for email verification. We specify two keys to allow for rotation and replacement as a security measure, so both entries should be added to your DNS by your IT team.
Two CNAME records are required:
- kal1._domainkey.your_email_domain.com points to dkim1.kallidus-suite.com
- kal2._domainkey.your_email_domain.com points to dkim2.kallidus-suite.com
Please open a support ticket once the records have been added and we will enable DKIM signing of emails.
How do I implement Whitelisting?
The recommended option for mail delivery is setting up SPF and DKIM records. Additionally, you can request the setup of whitelisting on your mail/filtering servers with your IT team.
Kallidus products send emails from the following mail server addresses:
- mailrelay.kallidus-suite.com [18.104.22.168]
- mail-relay.advorto.com [22.214.171.124]
Kallidus do not recommend adding server IP addresses to whitelists as these may change.