The COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause uncertainty for you when it comes to supporting your team. While some countries are creating policies to give businesses clarity, others have left it up to you to determine how to best navigate the pandemic. Regardless of where you are and what is required, we plan to support you with our Immunization Tracker.
Let's dive in to six key areas where Sapling could support your needs with our Immunization Tracker:
- Store immunization and COVID-19 test results information securely with Job Details + Track and Approve
- Ask for your team’s vaccination card or test results with Documents
- Time Off + Reporting to easily audit and report on your team’s absence(s) when they’re getting a COVID-19 vaccination
- Set automatic reminders for your unvaccinated team members to get a COVID-19 test with Workflows and Tasks
- Track and store vaccination exemptions
- Go Live with the Immunization Tracker using Smart Emails and our step by step guide
Job Details + Track and Approve
Setting up the Tables
With Job Details and our Track and Approve Add-on, you can easily use two newly created prebuilt tables: one for tracking immunization and one for storing COVID-19 test results. We know this information is sensitive, and we can help you customize viewing permissions for these tables. Best of all, you can configure the tables to manage the information yourself, or you can let your team upload the information on their own.
- To set up your COVID-19 testing or immunization table, go to Profile Setup > Job Details > New Table.
- Next, choose the prebuilt template you'd like to apply. We set up some commonly used columns, but you can modify them to capture the information you need from your team.
- If you need them, you can also set up robust approval chains. For a quick refresher on setting up an approval chain, check out this article.
- Once your tables are ready, make sure to apply these tables to the profile templates with the correct team members assigned. If you aren't familiar with this process, we outlined it for you in this article!
Setting up permission and access
You have two options:
- Upload and manage this information yourself, or
- Give your team self-serve access
Helpful Steps: Upload and Manage yourself
- If you don't want your team accessing this information and would rather capture it from them another way, no problem! You can use our bulk data uploader to input the required information en masse. To get familiar with our data uploader, read this article.
Helpful Steps: Let your team add their own information
- First, make sure you applied your COVID-19 related job details tables to the correct profile templates
- Next, go to Permissions where you can modify the access of the groups who will be allowed to edit their job details directly, or groups whose manager will modify the information.
When you’ve set up your team to update their own vaccination or testing information, , they should see something like this:
You can also use Sapling to upload scans or photos of actual documents (likes proof of vaccination or COVID-19 test results) in the Documents area.
Setting up, assigning upload document requests, and tracking completion
Here’s a quick overview of setting up and assigning requests to upload documents:
The Dashboard will let you easily see who completed the upload request. You can also send reminders to the team members whose documents are outstanding right from here.
What your team will see
Here’s a quick look at what your team might see if you ask them to upload proof of vaccination:
Once you’ve assigned the request, each team member will get an email notification to upload a document:
Time Off + Reporting
We’ve also added a new policy type (“Vaccination”), to give you an easy way to track any time off team members take to get a vaccination. The policy is unlimited, so we recommend adding astep for a manager to approve the time off. And we also suggest limiting the duration of time a team member can request.
Once enabled, the request process for your team is exactly the same as any other Time Off policy. Team members should choose the “Vaccination” policy type when they request time off for this purpose. And when you’re running a Time Off report, be sure to select the Vaccination Policy Type to get exactly the data you need.
Workflows and Tasks
For team members who opted not to receive a vaccination, you can create a workflow with tasks to remind them to complete and update their COVID-19 test results. Set up a sequence of tasks with a custom schedule and due dates so they aren't overwhelmed with all the tasks at once.
In some cases, you may have team members who are exempt from receiving a vaccine for either medical or religious reasons. We recommend adding in a new Private profile field that allows your team members to tell you why they are exempt. Then, you can take further action if you need to (such as requesting proof of exemption).
You can easily use power editing to request this information from your entire team. Also, make sure you add it to your onboarding profile templates so your new team members can share it upfront. Once enabled, you can set up and schedule a report to track medical and/or religious exemptions.
How to Operationalize and Go Live with the Immunization Tracker
Once you set up your profile tables, approval chains, document upload requests, and time off policies, you can use Smart Emails to notify your team about the new requirements.
- Send your email to your team to notify them about the process updates related to COVID-19.
- Give them options to use Sapling’s Time Off module to book time to get vaccinated
- After their vaccination, ask them to upload their proof of vaccination using Documents and to update their vaccination information in the Job Details tab on their Profile.
- Set a deadline for your team to either upload their information or to book time off to get vaccinated.
- Assign documents to the correct team members, and modify the permissions for the applicable groups to make the Job Details tracker "Go Live" for your team.
- Add helpful instructions to Company Links for anyone who might need help uploading or inputting the correct information.
- Scheduled reports for the documents, the immunization tracker table in Job Details, and for Time Off with the new Vaccination policy type.
- After the time has passed from #1, assign team members to your "COVID-19 testing" workflow. This workflow will initiate tasks on custom intervals to ask your unvaccinated team members to update their Job Details table with their COVID-19 test results. If you'd like, you could also create upload requests for them to upload their most recent COVID-19 test results.