This update contains the following updates to Learn:
System improvements and fixes
- We have improved the manager booking tool so recently cancelled spaces become free immediately for booking.
- We have fixed an issue which meant that when replacing file types (other than PDF) the system was not allowing the update to happen.
- Performance of the Lesson>Course page has been improved, as this page was previously timing out for larger customers.
- We have resolved an issue where certain SCORM files were not playing wrapped video correctly.
- We have put in a message to explain why certain approvals cannot be made if a future booking of the same event has already been made.
- We have corrected an issue where the print button on My courses was sometimes erroring.
- We have translated the Learner side of Learn into French Quebec. If you wish to purchase this translation please get in touch.
The addition of a ‘Reply to’ address within the email templates
Note: If you are happy with the way in which emails are sent from a central address and replies go back to the same central address then no action needs to be taken here. You can make changes as outlined but these are not required for the system to run as it does now.
In a recent Learn update we restricted the email address that emails from the system could be sent from. This meant all emails would be sent from the same address and to change this address would require Kallidus to oversee this edit. This change was made for security reasons.
You can find more about these changes here: https://kallidus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020908878-Learn-update-10th-June-2021
Following this change we have received feedback that although this change is welcome from a security perspective, it has restricted the way in which people manage responses to emails from Learn. Customers have told us that they would, before this change, send different templates from different emails addresses so that when someone replied, it went to the correct team for it to be dealt with. This recent change prevented this from happening. In addition, we know some customers send from one address but manage replies in another inbox.
Following on from this feedback we have now introduced a new ‘Reply to’ field. This does not need to be set by default but if you want to change it so replies are received by the most appropriate team then you can do so. This can be set as a default across the system or template by template by template.
Setting a default ‘Reply to’ address for all emails
If you want to set a default ‘Reply to’ address for all emails generated from Learn then go to Settings within the admin side of Learn (located top right) and then select Email from list of options in the list of pages shown on the left of the page.
Within that page you will see your set ‘From’ address. Underneath you can add in a ‘Reply to’ address – this means all emails from Learn will default to this address if the recipient replies.
Setting a ‘Reply to’ address for specific templates
If you want specific templates to have particular ‘Reply to’ addresses then you need to set the ‘Reply to’ at the template level. You might want to do this if different teams deal with different aspects of learning management.
To do this, go to Settings within the admin side of Learn (located top right) and then select Email from list of options in the list of pages shown on the left of the page. Scroll to the bottom of the that screen and select the Templates button. This will load all the templates available within Learn.
Select the template from the Template drop down. Scroll down and you can then set a specific ‘Reply to’ address – set the option to Use a specific address and enter the email address. Set this and then Submit the changes at the bottom of the screen.
If you have any questions or feedback on this new functionality please do let us know in the usual ways.