This release is a combination release, incorporating some 2020 roadmap items, as well as resolving a couple of minor operational issues.
Roadmap - The route to Azure - step 1
Later on this year, following the roll-out of the new User portal UX which is the main roadmap item that we have been and continue to work on, clients will be migrated to Azure hosting, in line with the rest of the Kallidus suite of applications. This release includes the first of several major behind-the-scenes architecture changes to support this migration.
Users with very keen eyes may notice that the URLs of some pages in the candidate and user portals have changed, e.g. candidate application form pages and backoffice pop-ups such as Screening and interview scheduling and feedback forms. The old URLs will all redirect to the new URLs, so users will likely not notice or see any actual change, but under the hood it's a different story!
N.B. To allay any possible concerns, the migration to Azure itself is expected to be entirely transparent to clients when it happens and is not expected to start until sometime after you get our new User portal UX, which will be the next major visible change coming in Q2 2021.
Roadmap - New API calls
New API calls for requisition template management and user search
This release introduced the following new API calls, which may be used in more sophisticated HRIS integrations:
- User > User search - Pass a user email or login (e.g. employee ID) via the API to return the data associated with that specific user. Previously, the API only supported this using the Kallidus User ID reference, so users of the API would need to use the List users API call first to look up the relevant User ID. This new API call means that clients can look up users, e.g. to Edit them, using data already held on the client side.
- Requisition > List requisition templates - Returns a list of all requisition templates in a client's system (returns the template title and internal Kallidus reference ID)
- Requisition > Delete a requisition template - Pass the ID of a specific existing requisition template to delete it from a client's system
- Requisition > Get a requisition templates - Pass the ID of a specific requisition template to obtain all data associated with a particular requisition template
- Requisition > Update a requisition templates - Pass the ID of a specific requisition template and updated requisition template data to update an existing requisition template
- Requisition > Add a requisition templates - Pass relevant requisition template data to add a new requisition template
- Requisition > Delete a requisition document - Pass the ID of a specific requisition template and a document field to remove an existing document from an existing requisition template
- Requisition > Retrieve a requisition document - Pass the ID of a specific requisition template and a document field to get a document from an existing requisition template
- Requisition > Add or update a requisition document - Pass the ID of a specific requisition template and a document field, along with an encoded document to add a new document to an existing requisition template or to replace an existing one
- Requisition > Search for requisition templates that have a vacancy text value that contains the search term - Pass the ID of a particular requisition field and a search term to search for any templates containing that search term in that particular field. This allows clients to search for a requisition template using their own reference, rather than using the Kallidus template ID reference. A relevant field should be added to a client's configuration to store the third party client ID for each template in Kallidus Recruit, e.g. Position number from SAP.
This release also includes the following minor updates, related to recent operational issues reported via Support tickets:
- Removed a restriction which was preventing multiple applications made by the same person from being deleted using the "Delete candidate" feature
- Addressed an issue related to sending bulk emails from the Person list page