If you have Campaign manager switched on in your system, Recruit will capture both a landing and referrer URL against all candidates in your system, if these are available.
- Referrer URL - this is the web address of the page the candidate came from when they clicked through to a page on your careers site which is part of the Kallidus Recruit platform.
- Landing URL - this is the web address of the page the candidate was sent to on your careers site - this may include additional, more specific information in the query string about a candidate's source to help you track exactly what the candidate clicked on.
e.g. Something like the bit in bold at the end of the below vacancy details page URL:
When viewing candidate reports including Referrer and Landing URLs, you may find that some candidates have no URLs recorded against them.
This could be for one of the following reasons:
- Campaign manager is not switched on, in which case you should see no candidates at all with any data in either Landing or Referrer URL
- Popular browser extensions that block adverts or other web activity could manipulate the referrer URL, resulting in data not being received
- Some browsers have inbuilt settings to block this kind of "tracking" that a user can just switch on or off
- Some browsers' private browsing setting (e.g. incognito mode in Chrome) will block or adjust the referrer URL
- In some browsers, opening a link in a new tab will result in an empty referrer URL
For items 2 to 5, there is no ability from our side to effect this browser security, so it will simply mean the candidate cannot be tracked.
For item 1, please get in touch with Kallidus support to check this and we will enable this feature for you if necessary.
Tracking a source when inviting people to register interest (e.g. for a graduate scheme):
Additional tip for recording the source when directing people to the Registration of Interest module - the format to send to candidates is as follows: