In this article, we'll show how to streamline the process of creating Events by defining a preferred set of properties that is automatically applied each time a new Event is created. No more manually setting properties each time!
Each time an Event is created for a Lesson, it will inherit the global default settings for Events, as defined in Settings|Events. However it also possible to set 'Lesson level' defaults for an Instructor-led Lesson.
When Lesson level defaults are configured, each new Event for that Instructor-led Lesson will inherit these default settings instead of the global defaults. Compared to Global Event settings, Lesson level defaults also offer a greater range of options including:
- Custom fields
- Booking management
- Evaluation form
- Email templates
Watch the video below to see how:
Steps to set default properties for new Events
- Navigate to the ‘Lesson’ area of Learn admin, and select an Instructor-led Lesson:
- Select ‘Event’ from the Lesson Administration menu
- Select 'Defaults'. Note 'Event defaults' appears in the top right of the page. You're now able to specify defaults in each of the available areas, starting with options on the ‘Details’ page.
- Set the default options for the ‘Details’ page. Scroll to the end of the page and select ‘Submit’ when finished.
- Move on to the next section for which you would like to specify defaults, remembering to save as you go.
- When all required defaults have been set (and you've selected 'Submit' to save), select ‘Event’ in the breadcrumb navigation.
That's it, you're done. The next time an Event is created for this Lesson it will inherit the defaults you have specified.
New to Instructor-led training in Learn LMS? Take a look at the 'Instructor-led training checklist' article for a quick run through the key steps to create, manage, share, and report Instructor-led training.
Get deeper learning in The Academy
To get the full picture of Instructor-led training, including suggestions for good practice and tips from the Kallidus team, take a look at the 'Instructor-led training 101' Course.
To take your knowledge to the next level and find out how to work efficiently at scale with Events - including how to create an entire schedule of Events with just a few clicks - view the 'Event Hacks' Course.
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!