In this article, we'll show how to use Accreditations so that learners must repeat learning on a timescale defined by your team. Accreditations play a key role in ensuring employees stay compliant with learning essential to their role. They're often applied to mandatory learning such as Fire Safety, GDPR, and Anti-Bribery, for example.
When a Lesson with an Accreditation must be repeated, the Course to which it is assigned will move from 'Courses I've done' back into 'Courses I have to do'. Accreditation expiry reminders can also be configured.
A few things to know about Accreditations:
- Accreditations apply to Lessons, not to Courses.
- Lessons are repeated based on the date it was last completed - it's a unique cycle for everyone
- Learners can see an overview of Accreditations in the learning dashboard
- Managers can keep track of their teams' progress with Accreditations in the manager dashboard
- Accreditations can also be used with optional learning. When it's time to repeat, the Course will move back to 'Courses I've chosen to do'.
Create an Accreditation
The first step is to create the Accreditation. Note that 'one-off' Accreditations - called Fixed Accreditations - can also be set up by following the below steps, just select 'Fixed' at step 3 below.
Watch the video or select 'View step by step instructions' to see steps:
View step by step instructions to create an Accreditation:
- Browse to Administration Home and choose 'Accreditation':
- Select 'New' to create a New Accreditation
- Select 'Continuous Accreditation' as the Accreditation type for repeat training:
- Add a Code and Title (these are for administrator use and to identify the Accreditation)
- Set the expiration details in the 'Expires after' field, specifying the frequency (days, weeks, months, or years) from the drop-down menu:
- Use the 'Tell learners' field to determine how many days in advance of expiry the Course will move from 'Courses I Have Done' to 'Courses I Need to Do' to prompt learners to relearn, Use expiry reminders to send reminder notifications to Users as the 'Tell Learners' set up will not do this by default.
Assign an accreditation
Once created an Accreditation must be linked to learners. Watch the video or select 'View step by step instructions' to see steps:
View step by step instructions to assign an Accreditation
- Select ‘Lesson’ from the Accreditation Administration menu
- Specify the Lesson which must be completed in order to achieve the Accreditation. If multiple Lessons are assigned, then the Accreditation will be achieved if any of the Lessons have a complete status:
- Assign the Accreditation to a Group by selecting 'Group' from the Accreditation Administration menu and choosing the relevant Group:Note: Where a Group hierarchy has been created, Accreditation assignments do not cascade to Child Groups.
- Select 'Submit' to save the assignment.
View how to handle long-term absence, maternity/paternity, and other key moments for how to set up an LTA marker in your data. This can be used as a way to remove Users from a Group using Group rules for any Groups that are linked to an Accreditation.
Get deeper learning in The Academy
View 'Repeat training with Accreditations' for information on how to use Accreditations to set learning to repeat with whatever frequency you need.
View 'Forecast and report compliance' to learn about how managers and LMS administrators get the data they need to ensure your organisation gets compliant, and stays compliant. You can also find this resource within 'Share, report, and repeat mandatory learning', which provides insights on using reports to anticipate future compliance rates.
The Academy is your forever free learning hub for Kallidus products including live events, eLearning videos, and more. If you're new to The Academy or know someone who is missing out on free learning, contact your Customer Experience Manager or the Support Team to sign up today!