Sometimes when a ticket is raised due to sign-in issues, content issues, or other network-related issues, the Support team will ask you to supply a HAR file. This file is extremely useful for diagnosing these sorts of issues, as it contains information that shows network errors alongside other network information that can help us identify the root cause of these issues.
This guide is to show you how to get a HAR file and send it across to us. When recording and saving a HAR file, please start from the point before you begin to encounter the issue. If the issue is that Content won't send back the right information, begin the process from the My Learning page. If it's an error that occurs on Sign-In, start at the login page. For the below examples, I'll be treating my issue as not being able to perform a search on Google's Search Engine.
Please find below guides for the browsers that we most commonly work with:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- and Internet Explorer.
1) Starting at the relevant part of the process (Google Search Engine home page in my example) press F12 and navigate the menu until your screen looks like the following (click Network):
Please ensure that you tick the option to 'Preserve Log'
2) From here, begin replicating the issue that you are experiencing. The window to the right will begin to populate with the network traffic.
3) When your issue has been replicated and the page has the network information populated, right-click anywhere in the menu and select "save all as HAR with content"
4) This will prompt you to download the file and save it to your PC. Once this has been done, you can send the file across like any other.
This process is very similar to Google Chrome's process.
1) Press F12 when you're at your starting point and Navigate to this setup (click Network):
2) From here, begin replicating the issue that you raised.
3) You'll see that the tool begins to populate. From here, right-click on any space in the window with all the objects.
4) Click "Save All as HAR" and download the file. You can then send us the generated file.
1) Navigate to the starting point of your issue and press F12. Navigate to the following setting (click Network):
2) Begin to replicate your issue, you will see the pane on the right begin to populate.
3) Once the pane has stopped populating, click the save icon at the top of the page and download the file. This is the HAR file that you can then send across to us.
1) Navigate to the starting point of the issue, press F12 and then move to this setup (click Network):
2) From here, begin to replicate the issue. You'll see the network information beginning to populate.
3) Click the save icon at the top of the pane, download the file and then send it across to us