Every time you visit a website the information for this is cached (stored) by the browser in order to help it retrieve the images, files, and data when the website is visited again.
If you're making changes to your LMS (e.g uploading a link to a new document on a portal page) you may not be able to see the change initially. The cause for this is predominantly your browser caching what they page looked like before, this is when you will need to clear your cache.
Please follow the outlined steps below:
- Click More Tools > Clear browsing History
- Then choose a time frame you wish to clear if you would like to delete everything selects 'All Time'
- Tick the boxes next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files"
- Click Clear Data
Internet Explorer (versions 9, 10, 11)
- Open up the browser and go to Tools (Cog icon in the top right-hand corner)
- Click Safety > Delete browsing history
- Make sure 'Temporary Internet Files' and 'Cookies' have been ticked and 'Preserve Favourites website data' has been un-ticked
- Click Delete
- Once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies there will be a notification at the bottom of the browser window