There are a number of reasons why a user account may be un-enabled/disabled either as a one-off or periodically. The most common reasons for this and how you can work remedy this are below;
The most common reason for an account being disabled is something to do with the user's data either being absent or incorrect on a nightly data feed. A very large percentage of our customers have a periodic file that feeds user data into the system. There are a number of things we would recommend you check;
- Is the user present on the latest data file/the file from the date you noticed it was disabled?
- Does the user have a leave date populated on the file that is now in the past?
2. Leave dates
The second most common reason for a user account being disabled relates to Leave Dates. Leave Dates are very closely linked to the overnight data processes as mentioned in the above section.
The Leave Date section in the LMS can be used to automatically disable a user account when they have left an organisation. If at any point the account is disabled, the leave date for that user will be automatically populated.
An account may become un-enabled (and therefore the leave date populated) because:
- The datafeed dictated it (refer to section 1).
- The user was manually disabled (by import or by ticking the box).
- The leave date was manually entered.
You can check to see if a leave date has been populated by going to;
- Administration > User
- Locate the disabled user account (remember you will need to change to drop down to look for "un-enabled")
- Information > Diversity
- You will now see the below screen.
At this point, if you believe the Leave Date should not be present, you can simply click "Clear" & "Submit" and then go back to the "Details" page for this user and re-enable the account by un-ticking and click "Submit" at the below-shown option.
Remember: Whatever is causing the leave date to be populated could reoccur, so you should also look to remedy the cause.
Manually Maintained Users
If you find that a specific account is becoming routinely disabled because they are not part of your overnight feed, but you are unable to add them to it you could look into using Manually Maintained User groups.
For more information on Manually Maintained User Groups please check out the below articles;