This troubleshooting video and the steps below it will help you to identify why an email was received/sent.
1. What time was it received?
- The first thing we would suggest you check is what time of day the email was received. If it was overnight, it is most likely to have been triggered by the batch processor, however, if it was during the day it is most likely to be an instant email.
2. Identify the template
- Find out which template it is by going to Administration > System Configuration > Email > Templates.
- The email template is most likely enabled.
- Does the course/lesson/event have any custom email templates set up?
3. Compare the email with the users PMB or Notifications within the system
- Does it match, does it say who it is from? Perhaps you could ask your team if they have triggered any emails?
4. Check the course/lesson/event
- Is the user enrolled on that course/lesson/event either individually or via a group?
- Have they recently completed it or have they recently been booked/enrolled?
- Check the users history.
5. Check the notifications schedule
- Check the default schedule and check for any custom ones set up on the course/lesson/event
6. Check with your team
- Has anyone triggered any 'Ad Hoc' emails?
- Has anyone created anything new or made any changes?
If you have carried out these steps and need further assistance, please use the 'Submit a Request' button below to get in touch with Customer Support.