In this article, I will cover how to manually assign a Working Pattern to a user.
Once Working Patterns are enabled, the field will appear under the Job Details tab against a user and be visible in the Employment status area. It appears as a new required field. If you Edit or update the Employment status table, you must assign the user a Working Pattern. Only working patterns that are toggled on will be available from the drop-down list. If a user already has a Working Pattern, you can manually assign them a new one.
Steps to manually assign a Working Pattern
- Search for the user you want to assign a Working Pattern to reach their profile or go via the People Directory.
- Once on the user's profile, select the Job Details tab
- Find the 'Employment Status' table on the page. There will be a column for Working Pattern and Update or Edit of the Current status
- This will cause a pop-up to appear. At the bottom will be a required field Working Pattern with a drop-down list of all the Working Patterns currently toggled on.
- Select the relevant Working Pattern from the drop-down list and Submit. If you have approvals, this will take you through the relevant approval before updating.