*** UPDATE 15/02/2023 ***
Google have released a fix to their Google Chrome browser which resolves this issue in Google Chrome. Please update your Google Chrome browser to version 110.0.5481.100.
We are still waiting for the fix to be implemented by Microsoft in their Edge browser and will update this article when they do so.
*** END OF UPDATE ***
On Thursday February 9th 2023 Google released an update to their Chromium browser software (v110) which is used by many browsers including Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. This release has caused issues for many companies around the world including Kallidus.
If you use Chrome or Edge and it is set to automatically update to the latest version then you will see that when you open a Learn or Perform report it will not fully open and you just get a spinning wheel.
Until Google provide a fix for this issue then you can use one of these workarounds.
- Open the report in 'Design' mode and run it from the 'Query panel'
- Schedule the report as a 'Run now' report
- Open the report in 'Internet Explorer' mode in Microsoft Edge
See below for more details about each workaround.
Open the report in 'Design' mode and run it from the 'Query panel'
If your report has prompts then you can use this workaround.
- Open the report in Learn. When the prompt box appears click on 'Cancel'.
- Click on the 'Design' button to go into edit mode.
- Click on the yellow 'Edit data provider' button to go to the query editor.
- Click on the 'Run Queries' button to run the report.
The report will now run and open. If you wish to run the report again then you need to run it from the query panel using step 3 onwards.
If you need to run a report that does not have any prompts then try one of the other workarounds listed below. If none of these work for you then please raise a support ticket so that we can add a prompt onto your report so you can then follow the above steps.
Schedule the report as a 'Run now' report
You can schedule the report to run 'Run now' or another report scheduling timeframe.
- In the report menu click on the 'Schedule' button next to the report you wish to run
- If no schedule has been setup already by yourself for this report you can select a 'Run now' schedule
- Select your output format, destination and and other required fields.
- Click 'Submit' to run the report and wait for the report to arrive.
If you already have a report schedule set up for this report then follow the steps above in the first workaround to open the report in 'Design' mode and save a copy to be scheduled.
Open the report in 'Internet Explorer' mode in Microsoft Edge
This workaround requires you to change your settings in Microsoft Edge. You may not be able to do this if your IT department has locked down the settings.
- Start Microsoft Edge
- Click on the 'Settings and more' button at the top right of the browser and then on 'Settings'
- Click on 'Default browser' and change 'Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode)' to 'Allow' then click 'Restart' to restart the browser. Ensure you have saved anything that you are working on in your browser before restarting else you the changes you have made may not be saved.
- Start Microsoft Edge and log into your Kallidus LMS
- Go to the 'Administration' page and then the 'Reporting' page
- Click on the 'Settings and more' button at the top right of the browser and select 'Reload in Internet Explorer mode'
- If you get a window at the top of browser as shown below click on 'Done'
- You are now in 'Internet Explorer' mode and you can open and run the reports
- When you have finished running reports click on the 'Open in Microsoft Edge' button at the top of the screen to leave Internet Explorer mode and go back into Microsoft Edge mode. Alternatively click on the 'Settings and more' button at the top right of the browser and select 'Exit Internet Explorer Mode'.