This article explains how to set up and use a Word merge document (such as a new hire contract letter) using Kallidus Recruit-specific mailmerge fields in a document created in Microsoft Word.
Almost any information related to the candidate's application stored in Kallidus Recruit can be merged into letters, such as:
- Candidate name and address
- Offer information if recorded in Kallidus
- Vacancy information such as role title, full-time/part-time, location, department
Please note, if you are adding a brand new Word merge document, there is an additional step which needs to be completed by the Kallidus Support team before the document is available (see the end of this article).
1. Create a mergeable document with mergefields as described in this article.
2. Test your document works as expected (any errors in the mergefield will result in a failed merge) against a suitable candidate as follows:
In the popup window, don't select a Template in the top box, simply add a reference and choose an identity, then upload your new merge document against the candidate (click 'Choose file'). Once it is uploaded, click 'Save'. If the merge document has been created correctly, you merged document will be created for you and also stored against the candidate timeline.
3. Now you know your merge document works, go to Settings-> Documents, and click 'Upload new global document'
4. Give your document a name (which will appear in the template dropdown list once it is uploaded), upload it, check 'Mergeable', and click 'Save'.
5. Repeat for any other new Word merge documents, and then commit changes.
6. Once you have 'committed changes', please raise a ticket with the Support team to get your new Word merge documents made available for use - just let us know the name(s) of any new documents you have added and we will make them selectable in the system.
- When this is done, you'll see your new Word merge documents in the list in Settings->Word merge document templates.
- If you ever need to update an existing Word merge document, you can do this by simply swapping the file in Settings->Documents
Please sign in to leave a comment.